I hope everyone is doing well. I just got back from the annual USA Coordinators Conference in Cleveland and have some major changes to the Project WET program to tell you about.
Project WET Guide 2.0 has been discontinued and is no longer available.
It is being replaced by 4 smaller, topical guides that will be rolling out beginning at the end of 2023.
- Foundations in Water Literacy. 12 of the most used activities. Due end of 2023
- Water & Earth Ecosystems. 22 activities. Due in 2024
- Ecosystems & Human Health (Water is Life). 23 activities. Due in 2024
- Management & Culture (Nature vs Nurture), 22 activities. Due in 2024 or 2025.
These guides will run about $20 each. Project WET is looking toward educators looking at topic based professional development courses and that’s what brought on this change.
Move to The WELL
- The current WETconnect online digital platform is transforming into The WELL (Water Education Learning Library)
- The minimum subscription to get access to the learning library is $40/year. A guide and online training is included in the $100/year subscription.
- This is a huge change! Note you will not have to purchase a subscription to take an in-person training or access the educator portal once the new guides are out.
What does this mean for you? A few things…
- Workshops will have to be scheduled for 2024, after the new Fundamentals guides come out.
- The website Portal for Guide 2.0 will remain in place and isn’t getting removed. So, if you have your 2.0 guide with your access code (inside front cover), you’ll still have access to all of the resources and the printable pdf student copy pages that live there.